Visit to The Tea History Collection in Banbury, with Jane Pettigrew
The UK Tea Academy has organised an in-person visit to The Tea History Collection in Banbury, led by Jane Pettigrew.
The collection is private and viewing is by appointment only - making this a very special event!
Wednesday 27th October, 13:00 - 15:00 approx (GMT)
Tickets £30 each (FULL - waiting list bookings only)
The Tea History Collection was created by Denys C. Shortt OBE to preserve important historical items associated with Tea. It was officially opened on this year's International Tea Day.
The collection comprises:
- A history of Camellia Sinensis.
- Important books on tea and tea companies.
- Items associated with the Business of Tea in the UK, including information on tea brokers, manufacturers and the London Tea Auctions.
- Vintage tea tins and tea adverts.
- Historical items from current UK Tea Manufacturers.
More information about the collection can be found here.
- Places are strictly limited to 10 people only
- Attendees will need to organise their own transport to and from the collection
- The ticket price includes entry to the collection and soft drinks throughout the day